Alcohol and Drug Education Task Force
The Alcohol and Drug Education Task Force is a volunteer staff and student committee established to educate the student body of Columbus State University about safe drinking and the dangers of drug use.
Columbus State University is one of hundreds of institutions nationwide requiring every incoming student to complete AlcoholEdu – a non-opinionated, science-based course taken by hundreds of thousands of students each year. Whether or not you drink, AlcoholEdu empowers students to make well-informed decisions and provides some simple strategies to help keep you and your friends safe.
Task Force Events
1,519 RED FLAGS
The Red Flags placed in the ground represent the estimated 1,519 college students between the ages of 18 and 24 that die from alcohol related unintentional injuries, including motor vehicle crashes.
The Teal Flags placed in the ground represent the estimated 97,000 cases of sexual assault or date rape each year associated with drinking by college students ages 18 to 24.
For more information, please visit: www.niaaa.nih.gov
Stay Tuned for more events...
Task Force Campaigns
Smoke-Free Campus: Throughout the 2009/2010 academic year, the Alcohol and Drug Education Task Force researched the possibility of a tobacco-free campus. A proposal including relevant college statistics, positive reasons for becoming a tobacco free campus, and ideas and recommendations for enforcement was created and present to the President's Cabinet, Staff Council, Faculty Senate, and Student Government Association. All of these groups supported the proposal with the suggestion that there be some designated smoking areas at least during an initial phase of moving to a smoke-free campus. This campaign continues throughout Columbus State University's campus.
To find out more about this policy, click here.
Task Force Staff Committee Members:
- Robin Peacock: Residence Life, Senior Residence Life Manager, Task Force Chair
- Lashica Thomas: Student Recreation Center, Assistant Director for Operations & Marketing
- Dana Larkin: Student Affairs, Assistant Dean of Students
- Jennifer Devlin: Faculty, Health Science
- Michael Stewart: University Police, Sergeant
- Theresa Willey: Violence Against Women Project, Project Coordinator
- Chris Hovel: Residence Life, Residence Life Coordinator
- Michelle Dorrill: Residence Life, Residence Life Coordinator
- Lauren Davis: Student Recreation Center
- Victoria Roebuck: Student Health Center, Director
- Melani Ozbolt, Counseling Center, Coordinator of Outreach and Prevention
For more information or to become involved with this task force, please contact Robin Peacock at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Alcohol Policies
- Counseling Center
- Drug Policies
- Alternative Justice for Alcohol and Marijuana
- Student Health Services
- University Police
Georgia Drug Abuse Helpline
Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration
Rehab.Help.org is a community organization dedicated to empowering people suffering from substance abuse addiction with tools and resources to start their personal journey toward recovery. We create and publishes comprehensive, unbiased, free web-based resources that have been featured and is referenced by many governmental agencies and organizations across the web.