Alcohol and Drug Education Task Force
The Alcohol and Drug Education Task Force is a volunteer staff and student committee established to educate the student body of Columbus State University about safe drinking and the dangers of drug use.
Columbus State University is one of hundreds of institutions nationwide requiring every incoming student to complete AlcoholEdu – a non-opinionated, science-based course taken by hundreds of thousands of students each year. Whether or not you drink, AlcoholEdu empowers students to make well-informed decisions and provides some simple strategies to help keep you and your friends safe.
Task Force Events
Is it Worth it? Campaign: Is it Worth it? is an educational poster campaign to educate student on the TRUE COST of marijuana. Look for posters around our CSU Campuses.
March 11 - 13, 2019
Save Spring Break: Join us for a variety of events and fun!
Monday, March 11, 2019 - Safe Spring Break Info Fair - 11am to 2pm @ Clocktower
Tuesday, March 12, 2019 - Tiki Bar Tuesday w/ Mocktails - 11:30 am to 2:00 pm - Davidson Lounge - Sponsored by the NPHC Council
Tuesday, March 12, 2019 - Informational Traffic Stop - 12:00 pm to 2pm - Sponsored by SAVE Taskforce
Tuesday, March 12, 2019 - Addiction: True Stories - 6 pm to 8 pm - Columbus Room, Davidson Student Center
Wednesday, March 13, 2019 - Beach Volleyball Tournament - Spike the Ball not your Drink - 2pm - 4pm - Courtyard Volleyball Court - Sponsored by Residence Life
Tuesday, March 26, 2019
How to Navigate when mixing Business with Booze!
7 pm - Davidson Student Center, Columbus Room
Sponsored by Student Leadership
Thursday, March 28, 2019
"Addiction" Movie Screening
Thursday, April 11, 2019
Punch Line Drunk
Patrick Holbert - Comedian
University Hall- 8pm
Stay Tuned for more events...
Task Force Campaigns
Smoke-Free Campus: Throughout the 2009/2010 academic year, the Alcohol and Drug Education Task Force researched the possibility of a tobacco-free campus. A proposal including relevant college statistics, positive reasons for becoming a tobacco free campus, and ideas and recommendations for enforcement was created and present to the President's Cabinet, Staff Council, Faculty Senate, and Student Government Association. All of these groups supported the proposal with the suggestion that there be some designated smoking areas at least during an initial phase of moving to a smoke-free campus. This campaign continues throughout Columbus State University's campus.
To find out more about this policy, click here.
Task Force Staff Committee Members:
- Robin Peacock: Residence Life, Senior Residence Life Manager, Task Force Chair
- Lashica Thomas: Student Recreation Center, Assistant Director for Operations & Marketing
- Dana Larkin: Student Affairs, Assistant Dean of Students
- Jennifer Devlin: Faculty, Health Science
- Michael Stewart: University Police, Sergeant
- Shaun Wyatt: Teen Challenge, Ambassadors of Compassion
- Prisca Walters: Teen Challenge, Director of Development
- James Hilderbrand: University Police, Corporal
- Kimberly Melson: Counseling Center, Staff Psychologist
- Theresa Willey: Violence Against Women Project, Project Coordinator
- Cedricia Thomas: Student Life and Development, Student Development Specialist
- Chris Hovel: Residence Life, Residence Life Coordinator
- Margaret Mccollum: Student Health Center, Medical Receptionist
- Michelle Davidson: Residence Life, Residence Life Coordinator
- Lauren Davis: Student Recreation Center, Graduate Assistant
- Rebecca Tew: Student Health Center, Director
For more information or to become involved with this task force, please contact Robin Peacock at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Alcohol Policies
- Counseling Center
- Drug Policies
- Alternative Justice for Alcohol and Marijuana
- Student Health Services
- University Police
Georgia Drug Abuse Helpline
Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration
Rehab.Help.org is a community organization dedicated to empowering people suffering from substance abuse addiction with tools and resources to start their personal journey toward recovery. We create and publishes comprehensive, unbiased, free web-based resources that have been featured and is referenced by many governmental agencies and organizations across the web.