Identifying, Assessing, and Reducing Threats in Order to Foster aSafe Campus Environment
Colleges and universities around the country are becoming more diligent and proactive in providing a safe environment for students, faculty, staff, and visitors to their campuses. The Create Care Team is dedicated to a proactive, coordinated and planned approach to the identification, prevention, assessment, management, and reduction of interpersonal and behavioral threats to the safety and well being of Columbus State University students, faculty, staff, and visitors.
Campus Members Responsibilities
It is the responsibility of faculty, staff, and students to immediately report any situation that could possibly result in harm to anyone at the University. These reports may be directed to Create Care or the Counseling Center, depending on the nature of the concern.
When there is an active or immediate risk of violence or harm to others you should call Columbus State University Police Department 706-507-8911
How Do I Submit a Create Care Report or Referral?
Individual may submit a referral on a person of concern several different ways:
- Submit An Online Create Care Report/Referral
- Email the Create Care team at CreateCareCSU@columbusstate.edu
- Important: For concerns about immediate safety or dangerous behaviors contact the CSU University Police Department at 706-507-8911.
Report to Create Care Behaviors Such As:
- Violent fantasy content
- Anger problems
- Fascination with weapons and accoutrements
- Homicidal ideation
- Non-compliance or disciplinary matters
- *Academic misconduct and dishonesty
- Interest in previous shooting situations
- Victim/martyr self-concept
- Strangeness and aberrant behavior
- Violence and cruelty
- Acting out
- Recent police contact
- Mental health history related to dangerousness
- Unusual interest in police, military, terrorist activities and materials
- Anxious, depressed or overwhelmed
- Prolonged and significant difficulty with the demands of college
- Pattern of relationship problems
- Speaking or writing that seems bizarre
- Expressionless face / anhedonia
- Use of drugs and / or alcohol
- Suicidal ideation
*All cases of academic misconduct and dishonesty, such as plagiarism and cheating, should be adjudicated as directed by the appropriate Department Chair or College Dean. Once the file is complete, all documents should be entered into the Academic Misconduct reporting system.
Office of the Dean of Students
4225 University Avenue
Columbus, Georgia 31907